Re: Re[2]: Solving the alpha images and background-color problem

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:45:12 +0300, Ron van den Boogaard <ron@ronvdb.com>
wrote:
>> Or you are not for any of these solutions? I would like to hear why this
>> wouldn't degrade gracefully.
>
> isn't this already covered with
> background-color: red;
> background-image: url(f00.png);
> seems to me that if the image wouldn't load it would fall back on
> background-color
> I fail to see the point of introducing a new property that already seems
> to be covered
> ..

We are talking about images with transparency, and background-color
showing through transparent parts. We need a solution so that when the
image is loaded, the background-color changes / or to put it in another
persective; we need a color until the image is loaded to provide necessary
contrast, which we could switch with some other color when image loads.
The swithed color would most of the time be transparent, but not
necessarily. We are not talking about a new property, but a new value for
background.

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com