Re: Conclusion for :read-only and :read-write?

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:10:44 +0200
To: Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>
Cc: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>, www-style@w3.org

Quoting Matthew Raymond <mattraymond@earthlink.net>:
> I fail to see why there's such a pressing need to use the
> current CSS3-UI definitions when :read-only and :read-write have yet to
> be implemented in IE, Firefox and Opera. (I suspect Safari hasn't
> implemented it either. I can't find anything on the web about it.)

I have seen at least one e-mail to this list from a Mozilla developer
asking for
clarification because they are planning to implement it for the next release.
(And branching will happen soon, so there is pressure.)

That, and the CSS3 Basic User Interface Module is a W3C Candidate
Recommendation
and therefore should be followed by browsers. Because some browsers also
implement methods for editing they want clarification on how the CSS3 module
maps to that. Pretty simple.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>