Re: Conclusion for :read-only and :read-write?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 22:39:53 -0500
To: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I have seen at least one e-mail to this list from a Mozilla developer
> asking for
> clarification because they are planning to implement it for the next
> release.
> (And branching will happen soon, so there is pressure.)

To clarify, there is significant push from certain quarters to implement these
selectors for Gecko's XForms implementation.  But if we start parsing them at
all, we need to implement them properly for (X)HTML, XUL, SVG, MathML, etc as
well.  Which leads us to the question that was raised -- what would a proper
implementation of these selectors for these languages look like?

-Boris