Re: [css3-ui] Problems with :read-only and :read-write (was [WF2] Readonly and default pseudoclass matching)

On 8/1/05, Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com> wrote:
> Orion Adrian wrote:
>
> > Are we also going to attach a security model so that it's content
> > editable only to the appropriate people? Or are we going to say that
> > it will always require back end processing to modify the document
> > attaching contentEditable to the right nodes?
>
> 1. Basically, you're asking the question "are we going to add
>     protocol-related stuff to the markup language". Do I really have to
>     explain what's the good answer here?
> 2. Adding user knowledge to the markup would require crypto since markup
>     is readable. Hum.

It was more rhetorical. I'm saying adding contentEditable can be a
problem since most content is considered editable to specific people.
There's a problem. I don't have a solution as of yet, but I feel it's
important to bring the issue into consideration.

> BTW, sincere congratulations for your 174 messages in www-style between
> december 2004 and now. Even Hixie can't compete. That's quite impressive;-)

I don't know if it's polite to say so, but Thank you.

--

Orion Adrian