Re: [css3-ui] Problems with :read-only and :read-write (was [WF2] Readonly and default pseudoclass matching)

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:24:38 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> Editors may want to only allow editing of part of the document at a time too...

Did you really mean "editors" (computer programs).  I thought the main
demand for this came from corporate IT or marketing departments and
is basically the same issue that results in content management systems
when HTML was intended to be authored by content creators.

(I could also imagine it being used for bulletin board systems, but
that would require treating the editable portion as a rich text control
on a form and posting it to the server.  As such rich text controls
would almost certainly be used purely presentationally, the use of HTML
should probably not be encouraged.)