Re: Minimum/maximum width/height for elements/columns in CSS3 ?

From: Stéphane Martineau <smarth@mail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:45:31 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org

> Uh, min-width and max-width already exist since CSS2... They are
> implemented in all major browsers except for IE.

> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visudet.html#min-max-widths

Ha! I should have read the entire CSS2 specification before
opening my big mouth. I guess the fact that IE doesn't support them
is why I've never seen those being used, too bad.

I wont' start another topic this time, but what about z-index. I think
it would be better (more natural) to position an element (in z-order)
relative to another instead of using an integer. If that too is in the
spec and I've missed it, then I will just shut up ;)

I really need to find the time to read all those documents, so much
stuff to do, so little time.

Thanks for the replies and for educating me!

[And sorry for my english]