[css-background] Best method to submit proposal

From: Ben Curtis <bcurtis@bivia.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:16:28 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

I've considered the background module for a couple months now, and have
found a handful of real-world use cases that currently exist that will
be made more difficult or impossible through the multiple-background
syntax as it stands. I believe I can propose a new syntax for
multiple-backgrounds that works in these cases and (I believe) in the
cases the current background proposal works in.

What is the best way for me to bring these ideas to the list? I hardly
want to spend a lot of my time composing something that wastes your
time. Is a thorough post on the matter best? Or a static web-page with
on-list discussion, a la the recently-cited
http://blog.ben-ward.co.uk/archive/2004/12/21/css3_required_properties
? I understand that adhering to existing syntax/grammar when possible
is best and maybe necessary, but does it help (or hurt!) to mimc the
presentation of the spec?

--

	Ben Curtis : webwright
	bivia : a personal web studio