Re: [css3-background] comments

From: Kelly Miller <lightsolphoenix@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 15:07:36 -0400
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>

I've always held the opinion since I read the specification that really,
background-repeat should be renamed something else, and contain values
that allow stretching, tiling and rounding on both, and then have
background-size used with background-position to determine how big the
background image should be displayed as.  After all, the specification
calls for multiple backgrounds, but they aren't likely to be useful at
this point because there's no way to control the total size of an image
(as far as I can see) outside of the intrinsic dimensions.

--
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ - Get Firefox!
http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ - Reclaim Your Inbox!