Re: Parent pseudo-containers - a method for seperation of content from design

Ben Curtis wrote:

> This year, I began separating all stylesheets into styles and layout
> sheets, and it has made life much easier for my team and my clients.

I was doing it myself and I'm glad to see I'm not alone :-).
However there are things that I've always found hard to resolve between
these two stylesheets. For example take borders. They are needed mainly
for decoration purposes but they also affect layout. In some cases the
problem can be quite severe: if you have two 50%-wide floats side by
side adding a border to any of them places them one below the other.
Do you have any more or less defined methods of dealing with this?