Re: Parent pseudo-containers - a method for seperation of content from design

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:18:30 +0100 (BST), David Woolley
<david@djwhome.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> flow in CSS3 with a very bad limitation, why not create a method for a
>> total re-arranging with no limitations with a much simpler syntax that I
>> outlined, that will help authors convert their old and fixed designs
>> into
>
> That's what XSL is about.

Which browsers will kindly implement XSL? I'd assume much - much less than
those who will implement CSS3. And, if it a feature is a good thing, it is
a good thing. Just because XSL is about that, there should be not much
reason to implement such an important feature to CSS, which will truly
revolutionize the CSS evolution (remembering that my proposed method (I
don't know what is being used for arrangin data) is backwards compatible
when you include your rudimentary styling markup, yet be able to move
things around for CSS3 user-agents.)

Also quoting from W3:   Can be used with HTML? CSS yes   XSL no    .. And
also it is stated that "The reason is that CSS is much easier to use,
easier to learn, thus easier to maintain and cheaper."

--
Emrah BASKAYA
www.hesido.com