Re: Conditional CSS sections based on property support

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> and portions of CSS which are basic enough to work in all browsers will
> not be enclosed in requirement grouping boxes for browsers with more
> minimal CSS support compared to the current web browsers.

There aren't any such properties because !important means a user
(as a matter of policy) can disable any property by locking it to
a fixed value.

Also, even colour is not universal as monochrome displays impose limits
and some low colour depth colour displays also impose limits.

> For this to truly work, I think there needs to be a methodology that
> dictates users to group all styles for e.g. the link styling or the

They should be doing that already, if their design is properly
disciplined!