Re: Targeting CSS3 only (evil?), either with pseudoclass or an extra syntax for properties.

From: Ben Ward <benmward@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:13:51 +0100
To: Barry <wassercrats@hotmail.com>
Cc: ryan@ryancannon.com, www-style@w3.org

Barry,

Since you advocate conditional comments so avidly. What is the
advantage for you (solely in the conext of CSS, not talking HTML) for
having a "conditional" syntax based on user agent name/version (like
you describe), over having a syntax that enables conditional styles
based entirely on the user agent's support for a certain, specific
subset of styles which you're using in a use case?

Ben

--
http://www.ben-ward.co.uk