Re: Box model: min-margin and max-margin, max-padding and min-padding

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:34:43 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> It seems you want to place an element relative to another element, why
> would you use absolute positioning at all here?

I need to place element C below element A and to the right of element B.
  i.e. header, sidebar, and content. The other constraint is that in the
HTML source element C (the sidebar) must come *after* the content in
accordance with web accessibility guidelines and compatibility with
older browsers. Therefore floats don't solve the problem because a
floated element only floats next to an element that follows it, not one
that precedes it.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@metalab.unc.edu