Re: Box model: min-margin and max-margin, max-padding and min-padding

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:29:04 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: www-style@w3.org

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

> It seems you want to place an element relative to another element, why
> would you use absolute positioning at all here? Maybe you could give a
> realistic example with markup and style sheet that clearly demonstrates
> the need for 20+ new properties?

Perhaps there's another way to do what I'm trying to do, but so far no
one I've asked could see it, and it's pretty basic. See
http://www.cafeconleche.org/ for what I'm trying to accomplish and then
start reading the news from Friday September 24 onward to see what
didn't work. What's on there right now is a hack that still fails if the
font size is too small.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold
elharo@metalab.unc.edu