Re: [CSS3UI] id references in focus navigation properties

* Antoine Quint wrote:
>I'm not quite sure I understand here. In the case of SVG, we are
>certainly only interested in internal references, and the syntax we are
>using for other properties is of the form url(#foo). Certain properties
>in SVG allow for external references too (url(foo.svg#top)), but here
>we would rather leverage the existing url() contructor where the spec
>(either CSS or SVG) clearly points out the restriction to local
>references.

The problem is that this would break in external style sheets, omitting
the url() syntax it works for both internal and external style sheets
and further does not allow references to arbitrary documents. A similar
example would be an SVG document like

  <?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
  <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="fill-rect.css"?>
  <svg width="12cm" height="4cm" viewBox="0 0 1200 400"
       xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg">
    <defs>
      <linearGradient id="myGradient">
        <stop offset="5%" stop-color="#F60" />
        <stop offset="95%" stop-color="#FF6" />
      </linearGradient>
    </defs>
    <rect x="1" y="1" width="1198" height="398" />
  </svg>

where fill-rect.css is

  rect { fill: url(#myGradient) }

The #myGradient reference refers to fill-rect.css#myGradient which
refers to nothing at all as there is no specification that states what
fragment identifiers refer to for text/css resources. It might be good
to add such a test case to the SVG test suite, ASV6 for example applies
the gradient to the rect which is incorrect (unless SVG completely re-
defines URI resolution for text/css documents).