Re: Multiple Background Images

From: Jens Brueckmann <lists@j-a-b.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:59:52 +0200
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:51:57 +1000, Lachlan Hunt
<lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> This is in response to Hixies latest log entry, "Multiple Background
> Images" http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1098915335&count=1
>
>> Given the following hypothetical CSS3:
>>  body { background: url(foo) url(bar); }
>>  Which background is painted on the bottom, and which is painted on the
>> top?
>
> I couldn't find any other property that would set a precedent for this
> decision, but I think it would be most logical if they were painted from
> top to bottom, in the order they appear.  ie. in the example, foo would
> be painted on top of bar.

Considering usual stacking order I would rather interpret it the other way
round, foo at lowest level, followed by bar and any other image in order
of appearance, much like layers are added on top of each other in image
editing software.

Cheers,

jens

--