Re: [proposal] Table cell selectors.

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:09:50 -0600
To: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>

Andrew Fedoniouk wrote:
> E[@column=number @row=number]
>
> Matches any table cell located at column number and row number.

What happens with

   E[@column=1 @row=1] {
     display: block;
   }

?

More generally, please see http://ln.hixie.ch/?start=1070385285&count=1

> I think that index selector for any other elements would be also useful.
> E[@index=number]
> Where number is a decimal number or "odd" or "even" or "last" values.
> Numbers of element indexes also start from 1.

Please see CSS3 Selectors [1].  It already has such selectors; if you can
implement them that would be a step toward that specification becomming a
Recommendation.

> These selectors are olready implemented in v.3. of our HTMLayout

With vendor prefixes, I assume?

-Boris

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/#nth-child-pseudo
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/#nth-of-type-pseudo