Re: Percentage height meaurements.

From: Justin Wood <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 20:11:16 -0400
To: Tantek Çelik <tantek@cs.stanford.edu>
Cc: Richard York <richy@smilingsouls.net>, www-style@w3.org

Tantek Çelik wrote:

>On 5/27/04 2:16 PM, "Justin Wood" <jw6057@bacon.qcc.mass.edu> wrote:
>

>>The solution to your problem, which IS NOT a final spec though (so not
>>sure how good it would be to put in a book) is the css-property:
>>'box-sizing'  in the CSS3 Box Model spec [1].
>>

>Correction: 'box-sizing' is already in the CSS3 Basic User Interface
>specification which is a Candidate Recommendation (CR), and implementations
>(and uses) are officially encouraged.
>
>At least two working implementations already exist (IE5/Mac and Opera 7.5),
>and Mozilla implements box-sizing with alternate syntax.
>
>[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-ui-20040511/#box-sizing>
>
>Tantek

Tantek,
    You leave me corrected, I had thought I seen it in a CR spec, but
forgot it was the UI one to look in, found it in box model, so said that....

    Now, correct me if I am wrong but IE5-Mac does 'not' support the
box-sizing property, only it supports IE's mistaken use of the
box-sizing, which means that "border-box" is all it supports, no
property needed ;-)

~Justin Wood