From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:10:03 -0700
To: "W3C Style List" <www-style@w3.org>

As we know vertical-align is applicable only to line boxes and table cells
in CSS 2/3.

Therefore there are no way currently to vertically align content of other
block containers.

1) To allow use of 'auto' value in padding attributes. So to align container
content to bottom author may use:
padding-top:auto; in container's style.

1-%%) To introduce %% units (sorry) as a most generic solution of vertical
(and horizontal) auto positioning.

2) To introduce content-vertical-align attribute for any arbitrary block. I
don't like it personally. Too many inconsitencies.

Any other ideas? Or vertical alignment a "person non grata" and we don't
need it at all?

Andrew Fedoniouk.