Re: where is overflow:none ?

From: Andrew Fedoniouk <news@terrainformatica.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:13:04 -0700
To: "fantasai" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, <www-style@w3.org>

> No, you're proposing the "width: intrinsic" mentioned as a note in the
> CSS3 Box draft. :)

Negative.

Here http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-box-20021024/#the-width
I can see only:
[Idea by David Baron: add keyword values 'intrinsic' and 'min-intrinsic' to
force an element to have its intrinsic or minimum width.]

And as far as I understand latin word 'intrinsic' in given context is about
properties of 'solid' objects e.g. intrincis image width.

>  > and set its initial value to none.
>
> That won't happen, because the current default is interoperably
implemented.

Also negative.

Traditionaly and practicly all UA's try to render HTML as overflow:none set
by default.

Load
<HTML>
<P>IAmPrettyLongUnbreakableWord</P>
</HTML>
in any browser and see by yourself the default behaviour.

Andrew Fedoniouk.
http://terrainformatica.com