Re: CSS3 - The New Frontier article

From: Anne van Kesteren (fora) <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 07:47:10 +0200
To: "Sean M. Hall AKA Dante" <pianoman@reno.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

Sean M. Hall AKA Dante wrote:
> Evolt.org has published an article I wrote about CSS3 that you may
> find interesting. See
> http://evolt.org/article/CSS3_The_new_Frontier/17/60319/index.html?cfid=6131813&cftoken=24480612
>

> It contains a list of CSS3 items that are supported by more than one
> browser and some other compatibility details, along with my view on
> how CSS3 will radically change the way we create webpages.

I'm not sure if it was a good idea to post that article there. It
contains quite some errors.

A ':selection' pseudo-class anyone? If Safari really supports it like
that, it is a bug, not a feature. The correct notation is '::selection'
and it is a pseudo-element. I also wonder if Safari, if it supports the
thing, passes all Ian Hicksons evil tests regarding that pseudo-element.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>