Re: CSS3 - The New Frontier article

Your article is making incorrect claims about Safari's support for
selection.  Selection is a pseudo-element and not a pseudo-class, and
therefore the correct syntax is ::selection and not :selection.  It's a
bug in Safari that :selection is being honored (I accidentally lumped
it in with "legacy" pseudo-elements like ::before and ::after).

dave