Re: CSS3 - The New Frontier article

From: Dave Hyatt <hyatt@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:01:41 -0700
Cc: www-style@w3.org
To: "Sean M. Hall AKA Dante" <pianoman@reno.com>
Your article is making incorrect claims about Safari's support for
selection.  Selection is a pseudo-element and not a pseudo-class, and
therefore the correct syntax is ::selection and not :selection.  It's a
bug in Safari that :selection is being honored (I accidentally lumped
it in with "legacy" pseudo-elements like ::before and ::after).

dave