Re: Positioning

From: Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 18:03:31 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

 --- Orion Adrian <oadrian@hotmail.com> wrote: >

> Flow should allow a positioned element to
> control the flow of
> content around it.

If we had that designers would die of happiness.
I always wondered why positioned elements can't make
content flow around them. It forces designers to
violate the DRY principle, in that for a positioned
bar on the side of the page, you have to put the width
of the bar in twice -- for the bar itself and for the
main content that has to be pushed away with a margin.
I figure that it's not feasible to do because of
constraints on speed of browser layout. Is this right?