Re: Proposal: New attribute(s) or pseudoelement for documents with obscured regions

First, you said you were faking frames? why? if you plan on using frames
in the future the anchor will not get obscured by the frame will it? no
problem then.

If i am completely off the mark with the above statement, sorry. let me
try again;

If the problem is that the anchor is getting obscured because of the top
layer, maybe you could use an empty anchor tag instead and use relative
positioning to change the whereabouts of it on the page. So, then it
will not get obscured - or at least the content you want to see will not
get obscured.

Use this css:

    a[name]{
        position:relative;
        top: -100px;
    }

    span.foo{
        color: red;
        font-weight: bold;
    }

And replace:

    <a name="foo">This is the anchor named 'foo'.</a>

With this:

    <a name="foo">&nbsp;</a>.

I hope that works now. :)

If i am completly off the mark again; I bite.

Phil.