Re: @useragent (was Proposal: version at-rule)

Chris Moschini wrote:

> I don't think any of the e-mails in this thread or the previous reflect
> reality - they all pretend that using straight CSS without a single
> hack gets you just what you want.

No, but adding new features to CSS will not help avoiding bugs and bad
implementations of existing browsers. Worse, it will be the cause for new
bugs.

> Have a look at the CSS Eric Meyer writes, (...)
> Do you see any hacks there? Yes? And those hacks are the most
> confusing part of any CSS for a novice.

If all browser vendors had implemented CSS correctly, those hacks wouldn't be
needed. It's not the W3C's job to clean up the mess. (Okay, there are some
minor parts where the spec is or was too unspecific or self-contradictionary.)

Furthermore in my opinion only hacks that rely on parser errors are evil.