CSS3 Detection

From: Sean M. Hall <pianoman@reno.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2004 01:38:14 +0000
To: www-style@w3.org
I've come up with a working solution to finding out whether CSS3 is supported. It's certainly not perfect, but it's the best I can do until the version at-rule comes into play (or some other variant).  See http://www.geocities.com/seanmhall2003//css3/detect.html  for details and an example.  It uses no CSS hacks. It does use Javascript though. Fortunately the methods it uses are supported by all modern browsers.  Tested on IE 6 and Firefox Win.  Please tell me what you think (I know it isn't perfect).   BTW I think the @useragent rule is a really good idea. Dante Evans (AKA Sean M. Hall) Freelance musician, historian, writer, web developer www.sfhe.cjb.net CEO of DCScript www.dcscript.vze.com 'Evans, Dante Evans'