Re: Proposal: Antecedant Selector - Styling Outside The Box

From: Wilton Pyle <dialate@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 08:51:09 -0500
To: <www-style@w3.org>

>would it not be nicer to avoid having to read
>backwards, and have a selector that means "that
>contains", thus:
>
>DIV%largeFontButton:active P
>
>would read as "a P, inside a DIV that contains a largeFontButton:active"

If menus and content were inside a DIV, that would work...

That example I used really wouldn't do anyway, because the font would return
to normal as soon as the button became "inactive", it was just the simplest
example I could think of with the correct gist.

I'm really thinking more about those "pure css multi-level animated-flyout
menus", but to write out an example of that would be excessive at this
point.

Still, that % selector would be nice for other reasons!