Re: width and height

Rastislav Graus wrote:
> Posible, we can discuss my definition.
> I use mostly table-based layouts, they are for applications more
> suitable and maintainable as DIV-based layouts. For these tayout tables
> I'll welcome a posibility to say, that one column/row fill the rest of
> the width/height of table independently on how is the witdt/height of
> other columns/rows specified. This column/row have not to be the last
> one. More abstract, can be defined the proportion of the rest, that the
>   element uses. Minimaly for tables, would be this posibility very usefull.

You know about CSS2 Tables [1], right?

However, an extra value for the 'display' property could be nice.
Currently we have 'display:block', which will take all the horizontal
space under normal conditions.

It might be nice to have something in the lines of 'display:block-fill'.
Small test case:

   div:root{
    display:block;
    height:50em;
    background:red;
   }
   div:root>div{
    display:block-fill;
    background:lime;
   }

I think this chould be very useful for some layouts.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>