Re: @viewport at-rule and 'title' (was Re: [css3] :viewport pseudo-class)

Tantek Çelik wrote:

>This concept of "::viewport" is much more akin to the "@page" rule, and thus
>an "@viewport" rule makes more sense.

Agreed.

>And just as @page has the special 'size' property, we could add a special
>'title' property to @viewport so that arbitrary XML documents could be
>styled to present what they consider their title in the title of the window,
>e.g.:
>
>@viewport {
>  title: "Welcome to this XML document";
>}
>
>or:
>
>@viewport {
>  title: contents(root>label); /* note use of Selectors on the RHS */
>}

While the idea is nice, I think that 'title' is better preserved as an
alternative to the TITLE _attribute_ in HTML, not the TITLE element.
(Maybe we could even style these tooltips using @title.)

I think that the "document title" in XML should be expressed different.
Perhaps:

  xhtml|title{
   content:document-title;
  }

The last element for which 'content' is set to 'document-title' will be
"document title" of the document.

--

 Anne van Kesteren
 <http://annevankesteren.nl/>