Re: CSS3 and better support for table free designs

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 21:47:35 -0700, "Andrew Fedoniouk"
<news@terrainformatica.com> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

>Hi, David,
>
>As far as I understand you are looking for something like this:
>http://terrainformatica.com/htmengine/v3/screens/sidebars.png

That's missing the right column?

>Your layout can be implemented easily as
>
>body { flow: horizontal; height:100%; margin:0 }
>#left { width: 100px; }
>#middle { width: 100%% } - will take rest left from #left and #right
>#right  { width: 200px }

I tested the above exactly and it didn't work-

http://www.search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk/css-tests/test01.html

I add one image to each div, but they all wrapped.

I also tried absolute positioning, which prevented the wrapping, but
it still messed up.

http://www.search-engine-optimization-services.co.uk/css-tests/test02.html

>flow:horizontal  changes flow of children in the block container from
>top-to-bottom to
>left-to-right with the same set of rules like margin collapsing.
>
>'flow' and  %% units are my personal invention - they are non standard.
>[ http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Jun/0054.html ]
>
>I heard rumors that somebody somewhere is designing css3-positioning
>module. I hope that there we will see something similar.

I hope so.

>Andrew Fedoniouk.
>http://terrainformatica.com

Thanks for trying.