Re: Standards mode and Quirks mode (was Re: [CSS21] Test Suite)

Brian Sexton wrote:
>>Then Robin Berjon wrote:
>>That's simply not true a single second. Counter-example in real
>>implementations: all SVG user agents that I know of do incremental
>>rendering, even though an SVG document is of course required to be WF XML.
>
> The key words you seem to have missed are "strict", "checking", and "be
> sure".  If an SVG user agent does incremental rendering, it is not checking
> for strict well-formedness of the whole document before working with it.

I have no idea where you got that strange notion that these steps occur
in order. I am well aware of the meaning of the words "strict",
"checking", and "be sure". The latter is something you should perhaps
consider practising less.

There is a requirement that the document be in error when it is
discovered that it is no well-formed. There is no requirement that that
has to be known before rendering can start to work. You are on crack.

--
Robin Berjon