Re: Standards mode and Quirks mode (was Re: [CSS21] Test Suite)

> Robin Berjon wrote:
> There is a requirement that the document be in error when it is
> discovered that it is no well-formed.

On the contrary, if a document that purports to be XML is not well-formed,
it does not meet the requirements of the XML specification and thus, is in
error.

Regardless, that is peripheral to Justin Wood's point, which I attempted to
clarify for you, but you still seem to have missed.  I have included a
simple analogy below.

> Robin Berjon wrote:
> There is no requirement that that has to be known before
> rendering can start to work.

Perhaps not, but if rendering begins before checking for well-formedness
then well-formedness is not checked before rendering begins.  If A happens
before B then B does not happen before A.  This seems like a very simple
point; I do not understand why you are contesting it unless, as I suspect,
you simply misunderstood it.  Or perhaps I did.

> You are on crack.

No, but making remarks like that, you are being unnecessarily and
unentertainingly rude--exhibiting precisely the kind of behavior that makes
public discussion lists and forums more annoying and less productive than
they should be.  Let's keep this list productive, shall we?