Re: [CSS21] Test Suite

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:04:00 +0200
To: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

On Sunday, July 25, 2004, 12:56:25 PM, Henri wrote:

HS> On Jul 24, 2004, at 00:47, Chris Lilley wrote:

>> That the implementors failed to do what the spec said (they had agreed
>> the spec should say) cannot be blamed on not being informed about it.
>> They were. Frequently and at length. By me.

HS> But not by the spec which gives the impression that you need to tamper
HS> with the gamma and basing such tampering on the name of the OS is OK.

I agree that working group process and pressure to make it 'as simple as
possible' resulted in a very underspecified bit of the spec. I would do
it quite differently now. but then, appreciation of the importance of
color management has increased in the interim. Even consumer electronics
such as digicams and scanners often indicate a color profile for their
data, for example.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group