Re: Multiple Text Decoration Values

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 08:09:22 +0100 (BST)
To: www-style@w3.org

> I don't think so.  I argued for it [blinking]
> to be deprecated (heck deprecate it in
> CSS1 and CSS2.1 errata and *drop* it from CSS3 Text) but some *other* folks
> really wanted to keep it.  Ahem.

The problem with removing undesirable features that are popular is that
people will workaround the omission, so the people viewing the pages won't
benefit and the resulting workaround will simply bloat the pages/require
mixed technology viewers.

(Certainly, for me, blinking would suggest a site with little useful
content.)