Re: browser switch campaign

From: Brian V Bonini <b-bonini@cox.net>
Date: 22 Jan 2004 10:20:17 -0500
To: Braxton Beyer <bbeyer@wellheard.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org
On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 16:11, Braxton Beyer wrote:

> I have just added a message to my website, wellheard.com, notifying WinIE users that
> their browsers will not render the site correctly as the site uses PNGs with alpha
> transparency.  I then give them a link explaining why they should not use IE and the
> benefits of upgrading to another browser.  My qeustion is has anyone ever done this
> and what was their experience.  I would like feedback and comments.  Why isn't their
> a browser switch campaign like their was a browser upgrade campaign by webstandards.org.

Bravo for trying! However, it's my contention that the average MS/IE
user has an IQ approximately equivalent to their age and will thus be
immediately discombobulated and mistake your explanation for nothing
more than jargon.

--
Brian        GnuPG -> KeyID: 0x04A4F0DC | URL: www.gfx-design.com/keys
                                          Key Server: pgp.mit.edu