Re: Possible inadequacies in CSS3 Border-Image proposed specification

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@iinet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 00:29:56 +1100
To: fantasai <fantasai@escape.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

fantasai wrote:

> Ok.
>
> If you read the section describing border corner images, it says:

<snip>fragments from the CSS3 border image draft</snip>

> So, to get the layout you suggest, make your corner image include
> those two bits of the top and left edges and make the rest of it
> transparent. Assign it to the top left corner with border-top-left
> and give it a fit of 'overwrite'.
>

>  ABBBBB|DDDDDDDDEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFGGGGGH
>  C     |                            I
>  C_____|                            I
>
> If you want D to tile and fit properly, then you also need to
> increase the border-radius to stretch the corner area.

   This is a good point.  It seems to me that the border sections B and
C above, do not actually belong to the corner, they belong the the top
and left edges respectively.

   Therefore, I would like to suggest that the border corner image
properties remain unchanged, but the border edge properties be extended
or modified to allow 5, or maybe even an arbitary number of images for
each edge.

CYA
...Lachy