[CSS2] Remarks and questions (Visual formatting model)

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:06:18 +0100 (MET)
To: "W3C CSS" <www-style@w3.org>

There were a few issues I came across when again reading the 'Visual
formatting model' [1], at least two typos (will they be corrected at all?) and a
mistake in a rendering example (where I'm not absolutely sure). Maybe you can
correct them (or me, if I'm wrong).

9.4.3 Relative positioning [2]

Typo: '[...] establishes a new a new containing block [...]'

9.7 Relationships [...] [3]

Typo (missing 'if'): 'Otherwise, 'position' has the value 'absolute' or
'fixed', 'display' is set to [...]'

9.10 Text direction [...] [4]

Wrong example (where I'm not sure if I missed something; maybe you can give
some feedback to this issue) for the XML rendering (starting at 'The
formatting of this text might look like this if the line length is long:'):

Example (including corresponding line numbers)

    1: 5WERBEH 4WERBEH english3 2WERBEH 1WERBEH
    3: english9 english10 english11 13WERBEH 12WERBEH
    5: english17 20WERBEH english19 18WERBEH

Correction

    1: 5WERBEH 4WERBEH 3hsilgne 2WERBEH 1WERBEH
    3: english9 english10 english11 HEBREW12 HEBREW13
    5: english17 02WERBEH 91hsilgne 81WERBEH

Although this presentation might be problematic, I hope the corrections are
easy to find (and really correct). Since this really is a topic where caution
seems absolutely necessary, I'm not sure if I got something wrong (as I
mentioned before) -- am I caught in a trap?

All the best,
 Jens.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/visuren.html#relative-positioning