Re: [css3] Determining the first occurence of an attribute value

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:03:32 +0100 (MET)
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> >    acronym[title='World Wide Web Consortium']::after:first-child,
> >    acronym[title='World Wide Web']::after:first-child,
> >    abbr[title='Massachusetts']::after:first-child {
> >    content: ' (' attr(title) ')';
> >    }
>
> Selectors do not allow to attach pseudo-classes to pseudo-elements...

You're of course right, my mistake (mixed it up with combined
pseudo-classes).

> >Are there already ways to solve this problem elegantly?
>
> Yes, XPath, [...]

And now you recommend me to use XPath here? -- I again rather feel confirmed
in suggesting an additional keyword (or whatever, as long as there is a
solution for this issue), and I'm furthermore interested if there is agreement on
this and what is supposed to do here.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--