3 CRs: CSS 2.1, Paged Media and Print Profile

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 00:25:44 +0100
To: www-style@w3.org

The CSS WG is very happy to announce that three specifications have
become Candidate Recommendation:

CSS21:
    Cascading Style Sheets, level 2 revision 1
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/

css-print:
    CSS Print Profile
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css-print-20040225

css3-page:
    CSS3 Paged Media Module
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-css3-page-20040225

Candidate Recommendation isn't the final stage, though. But it means
that the time has come to start implementing, write test suites, and
see how the specification works in practice. The next step will be
"W3C Recommendation," if implementation experience proves that the
specification is correct or only need minor tweaks. If larger changes
are needed, we will have another draft before the Recommendation. And
if the specification fails completely, it will be dropped... (But we
don't believe that will be necessary :-) )

But for the next six months, these specs will not change (except for
editorial changes, which we can still make, once in a while, if
necessary).

So don't stop sending comments, but also start implementing, and push
others to implement.

For the CSS WG,
Bert
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/ERCIM