[CSS21] response to issue 127

From: Bert Bos <bert@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:31:29 +0100
To: Tex Texin <tex@i18nguy.com>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This is the CSS WG's response to an issue you raised on the last CSS
2.1 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915). We want to
publish CSS 2.1 as a CR in about two weeks. Please let us know this
week if you think our response is wrong.

Your e-mail:
    http://www.w3.org/mid/3F8E6343.710045EE@i18nguy.com
    # ...consider the value of 'text-transform' to be 'none' for
    # characters that are not from the Latin-1 repertoire and for elements
    # in languages for which the transformation is different from that
    # specified by the case-conversion tables of ISO 10646 ([ISO10646]).

    b) From an international perspective, I don't see why you mention
    latin-1 at all. Why should latin-2 users for example not have the
    benefit of text-transform? Why not simply require support for the
    10646 case conversion table, since Unicode character support is
    more generally required elsewhere? Given everything else needed to
    implement CSS, the Unicode case conversion table seem to be a very
    small burden to implementers.

CSS WG response:
    See 126.

For the CSS WG,