Re: [CSS21] response to issue 15b

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:40:10 +0100
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

* Ian Hickson wrote:
>On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, David Woolley wrote:
>> I might think that a lot of this sort of animation is bad for users,
>> but that is not the perception of the people with the money to pay
>> for sites,  so any W3C specification that doesn't acknowledge it will
>> be treated as an irrelevance.
>
>Any W3C specification that "acknowledges" a feature by describing it in a
>way completely different to the real world will also be treated as an
>irrelevance. I don't see why you would prefer the spec to be wrong
>(effectively, to lie) than to simply not mention the features which are
>not interoperably implemented.

That's not the point. The W3C Recommendation Track process is designed
to standardize Web technology by maximizing consensus about the content
of a technical report. If a feature does not get implemented at all,
spite the expectation of the Working Group, the feature should be
reconsidered and probably be revised rather than be dropped blindly. If
a feature is not interoperably implemented, the Working Group should do
further work to gain interoperability.