Re: [css3-page] examples in 3.3.2 (page size) are 'US-centric'(?)

From: Christoph Päper <christoph.paeper@tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 02:06:22 +0100
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: "BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1)" <jim.bigelow@hp.com>

*BIGELOW,JIM (HP-Boise,ex1)*:

> This issue, number 36,
>
> 3. the following media names must be supported by Use Agents as
> keywords in the size property: letter, legal, ledger, A5, B5, A4, B4, A3

B* being from the ISO, not the JIS series, obviously.
Note that while 'legal' and 'letter' are legacy names in PWG 5101.1, 'ledger'
and the short ISO size names are aliases. Not that it did matter in any way.

*May* UAs recognize any self-chosen subset of alias and legacy names from that
spec as long as it includes the eight keywords above? I suppose yes.

> 4.  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/standards/pwg5101.1.pdf will be
> referenced as the definitive specification for media names

It's also available as .doc (MS Word, I assume) and .rtf, JFTR.
I think that specifications is good for use as a definite collection, but not
so much for general normative reference, because of its custom and
self-describing names.