RE: [css3-page] LCWD issue 23 -- [23] Section 3.4.1 Example

Ernest,

You wrote:
> > Thus, the example either needs an @bottom-left-corner rule
> > added to the last declaration block or the comment needs to
> > be changed, for that rule will not produce an empty footer if
> > the first page is a left page.
> >

> I plan to amend the specification say that the UA MUST use
> the declarations of the :first pseudo-class, if it exists,
> rather than either the :left or :right declarations

I understand you point, now.  If the document's first page is left, since
the declarations in the :first pseudo-class do not override those in the
:left, there would be a page number on the first page.  I will amend the
example as you suggest.

@page :left { @bottom-left-corner { ... /* left page numbers */ }}
@page :right { @bottom-right-corner { ... /* right page numbers */ }}
@page :first { @bottom-right-corner { ... /* empty footer on 1st page */ }
		   @bottom-left-corner { ... } }

If you have any further comment on this topic, you have 7 days, until 14
February 2004, to respond.

 -- Jim Bigelow