[Selectors] What if an element is declared as type ID

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 14:13:36 +0100
To: W3C CSS List <www-style@w3.org>

Both the CSS 2.1 CR specification and the Selectors CR specification
speak of ID *attributes*[1].

Recently, after reading some material on XML Schema I discovered that
elements could be declared as type ID as well[2].

It does say something about compatibility, but it does permit you to use
it on an element.

So I was wondering how that would work together with CSS.

[1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-CSS21-20040225/selector.html#id-selectors>
[1]<http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/CR-css3-selectors-20011113/#id-selectors>
[2]<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xmlschema-2-20041028/#ID>

--