[css4-text] 'text-autospace' and French guillemets

From: Etan Wexler <ewexler@stickdog.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 01:10:07 -0700
To: www-style@w3.org

For CSS4, it would be nice if the text module provided keywords for the
'text-autospace' property to add a subtle space between guillemets and
their enclosed text. There's been discussion of this French practice
and the problems of reproducing it in electronic text. (I'm having
trouble finding that thread, but I recall that Karl Dubost was
involved.)

Along similar lines, the text module should accommodate the European
convention of adding space before exclamation marks and before question
marks.

--
Etan Wexler.