Re: [css3-speech] Proposal: an aural box model

fantasai wrote:

> csant wrote:
>

>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 11:41:01 +0200, fantasai
>> <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net> wrote:
>>
>>> So, imho, the box model for aural css should be
>>>
>>>    pause-before
>>>    cue-before
>>>    cue-padding-before
>>>    content
>>>    cue-padding-after
>>>    cue-after
>>>    pause-after
>>>
>>> where cue-padding pads the cue so it doesn't run up against the edge
>>> of  the content (the same way padding in visual CSS pads the border so
>>
> >> it doesn't run up against the content).
>

>> Yes, this was my original thought - but I do not particularly like
>> 'cue-padding-before' and 'cue-padding-after': it is not clear that
>> 'cue-padding-before' actually is the padding after the cue-before... :)
>

> How about 'cue-before-padding' and 'cue-after-padding'?
>
>> I would propose to stick to the convention of labeling this model an
>
> > 'aural box model'.
>
> Yeah, I agree with that. :)
>
> ~fantasai

Perhaps even better "content-aural-padding-before"  to reflect it is
"before" content, rather than using another "wrapper" to distinguish?

Or some other similar scoped naming sceme.

/me notes for disclaimer that he is not familiar with Aural UA's other
than by reference, nor has he read the SSML spec.

~Justin Wood