Re: CSS2.1 'content', 404 Not Found, and audio files

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:47:42 +0200
To: csant <csant@csant.info>
Cc: www-style <www-style@w3.org>, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, 6:38:19 PM, csant wrote:

c> On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 18:17:07 +0200, Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org> wrote:

>> I was contrasting the :before in a visual medium with the cue-before in
>> an aural medium.

c> It sounds a bit weired to talk about visual medium when we are dealing
c> with audio files, doesn't it? :)

That was, nevertheless, the question that was asked and the distinction
that was being made.

c> The :before example is actually available for all media types, the
c> 'cue-before' example, on the other hand, can only apply to 'aural' (or
c> 'speech').

(Thanks, I was aware of that).

c> Synchronizing sounds with the visual display is not matter of
c> CSS, and yet it becomes an issue when you deal with audio files: how is a
c> UA to treat more than one audio file per document?

My point exactly.

 Chair, W3C SVG Working Group