Re: Fallbacks

BTW, my original proposal (re: background) wasn't an attempt to add
fallbacks to *all* properties, merely those which would get us the biggest
bang for the buck.

 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2004Apr/0113.html

Specifically, with background, the proposed examples demonstrated a way to
extend the background property to be more than just a shorthand, and in a
backward compatible manner (since "," is not currently allowed in the syntax
for 'background').

My point was that perhaps there are a *few* other properties that could be
similarly extended to allow for fallbacks (start with the properties that
allow url values for example, since those would benefit the greatest from
fallbacks, hence my retitling of the thread as "url() fallbacks (was Re:
content: url() is bad)").

Tantek