Re: Alternate stylesheets and the "disabled" DOM property

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
 >Daniel Glazman wrote:
>>I think approach #2 is more logical and in the end offers more control to both
>>the web author and the user on the document's rendering
>
> Could you amplify on this?  A use case would help here....

I agree with Daniel on this.

Consider the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="default.css" title="Preferred">
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="green.css" title="Forest">
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="forest.css" title="Forest">
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="blue.css" title="Ocean">
<link rel="alternate stylesheet" href="ocean.css" title="Ocean">

Now. Suppose:

   1. I select Ocean from the Use Style menu.
   2. The page scripts all style sheets disabled except  forest.css
                                                    and  blue.css
   3. I open the Use Style menu again.

What do I see?

If enabling/disabling style sheets is the mechanism for selecting
among alternate styles, this is an ambiguous situation.

If enabling/disabling style sheets is orthogonal to selecting among
alternate styles, this situation is defined thus:
    - Ocean is the selected style.
    - All style sheets except forest.css and blue.css are disabled.
    - Therefore, the only style sheet currently applied is blue.css.

~fantasai