Re: Alternate stylesheets and the "disabled" DOM property

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 10:58:27 -0400
To: Daniel Glazman <danielglazman@easyconnect.fr>
Cc: www-style@w3.org

> cons: no DOM mechanism to directly select a set based on its name. That's
> connex to your item above but deserves to be mentioned independently.

As I previously said (though not clearly in my original mail), both options
would have that capability.  The only question is what selection by name would
do -- apply all sheets with that name, or apply all sheets with that name that
are enabled?

> I think approach #2 is more logical and in the end offers more control to both
> the web author and the user on the document's rendering

Could you amplify on this?  A use case would help here....

Boris
--
    "What the hell are you getting so upset about?  I
thought you didn't believe in God."

                     --Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"